أعوذبِاللَّـهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ
[I Seek refuge in ALLAH from Shaitan - the accursed one]
بِسْمِ اللَّـهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
[In The Name of ALLAH, The MOST GRACIOUS - THE MOST MERCIFUL]
PATIENCE IS REWARDED "HERE" & IN "HEREAFTER"
وَقَالَ الْمَلِكُ ائْتُونِي بِهِ أَسْتَخْلِصْهُ لِنَفْسِي ۖ فَلَمَّا كَلَّمَهُ قَالَ إِنَّكَ الْيَوْمَ لَدَيْنَا مَكِينٌ أَمِينٌ
(Verily, this day, you are with us high in rank and fully trusted.) The king said to Yusuf, `You have assumed an exalted status with us and are indeed fully trusted.
(Hafeez), an honest guard, (`Aleem), having knowledge and wisdom about the job he is to be entrusted with.
Prophet Yusuf asked the king to appoint him as minister of finance for the land, responsible for the harvest storehouses, in which they would collect produce for the years of drought which he told them will come. He wanted to be the guard, so that he could dispense the harvest in the wisest, best and most beneficial way. The king accepted Yusuf's offer, for he was eager to draw Yusuf close to him and to honor him.
(And, later in the chapter we will know the significance of this action of Prophet Yusuf)
(Thus did We give full authority to Yusuf in the land), in Egypt,
(to take possession therein, when or where he likes.)
As-Suddi and `Abdur-Rahman bin Zayd bin Aslam said that this part of the Ayah means, "To do whatever he wants therein.'' Ibn Jarir at Tabari said that it means, "He used to move about freely in the land after being imprisoned, suffering from hardship and the disgrace of slavery.''
(We bestow of Our mercy on whom We will, and We make not to be lost the reward of the good doers.) Allah says here, We did not let the patience of Yusuf, from the harm his brothers exerted on him and being imprisoned because of the wife of the `Aziz, to be lost. Instead, Allah the Exalted and Most Honored rewarded him with His aid and victory.
- These verses are the signs of Allah's favors to His servants.
- Allah (SWT) loves the patient believers, who put all their trust in ALLAH alone and never give up their hope.
- Allah rewarded the patience of Prophet Yusuf by making him one of the ministers of the king, in the land where he was disgraced (after a false accusation).
- In 12 : 56 and 57 Allah says that the reward of the doers of good is never lost and the reward for the patient and righteous is even greater in the Hereafter (Insha Allah).
- If such situation arise in life where a person is falsely accused and has no helpers or evidences to support him/her, putting the trust in ALLAH is enough and ALLAH WILLING, the truth will surface one day!